Duration: 7-12 days
Highest Altitude: 5000 m
Season: April-June; mid Sept-mid Nov
This is the most beautiful trek in the eastern Himalayas.It skirts two of Bhutan’s most famous valleys, Paro and Thimphu, with trails passing through a great diversity of landscape and vegetation within an altitude range of 2,500m and nearly 5,000m. The scene is majestic throughout, with magnificent views of Bhutan’s most sacred mountain, Jomolhari, the abode of powerful female deity, Aum Jomo, and several other towering snow-capped peaks. The trek can be undertaken in two other variations, one shorter and the other slightly longer.
• Great views of Mt. Jomolhari (7,300m), Jichu Drake (6794m), Tsherimgang (6,789m), Masang Gang (7165m) and a number of unclimbed peaks.
• The upper reaches of Paro and Thimphu rivers,
Tshophu lake (4,380m), beautiful waterfalls, the ruins of Barshong Dzong.
• Alpine meadows, forests of rhododendron, birch, conifer, maples and bamboos; and pasture lands, blue sheep, yaks, Jigme Dorji National Park
• High mountain ridges, passes at Bhonte La (4,890 m) and Yelila (4,930m).
• The villages of Soe, Takethang, Dangochang, Jangothang (one of the most beautiful campsites in the Himalayas) and yak herder’s homes.
3-star plus hotels, three meals, SUV/mini bus/coaster, guides, trekking gear, camping equipment, entry fees, mineral water, cultural program (in groups of 10 or more people), and taxes
Air tickets, travel insurance, drinks, visa fee, laundry.