Duration: 3 days
Entry & exit: Paro airport
Best Seasons: late spring, April to early June
Place: Bumthang, central Bhutan
Bumthang Owl Trek offers an invigorating experience of the culture and environment of a valley in central Bhutan. The three-day trek offers fantastic views of an unspoiled natural environment endowed with a diverse array of flora and fauna. Hikers can also visit ancient Buddhist temples and monasteries.
The trek takes one along the tranquil ridges and mountains of Bumthang with great views of Mt. Gangkar Phuensum, the highest unclimbed peak in the world at 7,570 metres. Wildlife species like the beautiful Himalayan Tragopan can be sighted around April and May along the trek route which meanders through virgin forest of temperate trees like spruce, hemlock, fir, birch, bamboo and many species of rhododendron.
* Farms, villages, culture and natural environment of Bumthang valley
* Panoramic views of Himalayan peaks
* A great varietyof flora and fauna; meadows and temperate forests of spruce, hemlock, fir, birch and rhododendrons
* Ancient temples at Zambhalha, Chuedak and Tharpaling
* The castle-fortress at Jakar
3-star plus hotels, three meals, SUV/mini bus/coaster, guides, trekking gear, camping equipment, entry fees, mineral water, cultural program (in groups of 10 or more people), and taxes
Air tickets, travel insurance, drinks, visa fee, laundry.