Bumthang valley in central Bhutan
OF BHUTAN TOUR III
Duration: 9 days/8 nights
Entry & exit: Paro, Bhutan
Seasons: throughout year
Places of visit: Paro, Thimphu (the capital), Punakha & Wangdue valleys, Phojikha, Trongsa & Bumthang.
We explore western and central Bhutan. We land at Paro airport, scenically the most beautiful, having flown via awe-inspiring peaks of the Himalayas. We scour four districts in western Bhutan, and head towards the central which is known as the spiritual heartland of Bhutan. This tour provides arresting insights on Bhutanese culture, history, nature and environment, flora and fauna, and breathtaking views of Himalayan landscapes. All along, we also meet people from all walks of life.
• In Paro, we see the castle-fortress at Rinpung, the ruins of the “Victory Fortress at Drugyel”, the National Museum, and the 7th century temple complex at Kurje. We hike to Taktshang monastery (Tiger’s Lair), an edifice on a sheer cliff wall 800 meters above the valley floor.
• In Thimphu, we visit the magnificent castle-fortress of Tashi Chho Dzong, the seat of power. Then we comb other places of interest like the Memorial Stupa, traditional paper factory, Folk Heritage Museum, Textile Academy, Handicraft Emporium, the site of the world’s biggest Buddha statue, etc.
• In Punakha and Wangdue valleys, we visit the “Temple of Fertility” at Lobesa, the majestic Punakha castle-fortress flanked by “male” and “female” rivers, and Khamsum Yuelley Namgyel Stupa.
• Enroute into the interior, we look at the surrealistic valley of the cranes at Phobjikha, Gangtey Monastery, Trongsa Tower & Trongsa castle-fortress located atop a spur. In Bumthang, we savour the beauty of the valley and visit numerous sacred ancient temples including the “Burning lake” at Mebartsho & Kurje Temple.
• Stroll around towns enroute and see Bhutanese culture by observing people, dress, language, customs, art and craft, etc.
3-star plus hotels, three meals, SUV/mini bus/coaster, guides, entry fees, mineral water, cultural program (in groups of 10 or more people), and taxes
Air tickets, travel insurance, drinks, visa fee, laundry.